Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Commitments

We've had a lovely first day of 2010.  To be honest, though, I started off in a bit of a haze since Anna woke up at her usual time despite the late NYE (read: early).  We headed off to Washington Square Park to let Sasa have a little bit of doggy fun playing fetch and to let Anna play in the playground.  There, we met a nice couple with two young girls ages 2 and 3 years.  They live a few blocks from us and it was nice to meet a family who have similarly decided to raise their kids and build their lives here in San Francisco.

Afterwards, we headed to Caffe Roma and reflected on our conversation with our new neighbors.  It has reminded me of my 2010 (and beyond) commitments:

  1. My family and marriage: I'm committed to prioritizing my time for the most important people in my life - it may seem lame to most but I'm clearing out time in my calendar to make sure I do just this :)
  2. Anna's emotional and intellectual growth: Action items are similar with above - specifically, I want to make sure I'm available for Anna and she tees up for kindergarten next year.  Am staying up to date on what material she will be learning and making time to be involved with her schooling & extracurriculars. 
  3. My health:  Need to make time for exercise and more actively deal with my penchant for stress and anxiety.  Specifically, I'm committing to getting back to yoga (3 days a week) and 30 minutes a day of some activity (walking, running, general gym time, whatever).  It helps that I get to walk to work.
  4. Constantly building our future and not forgetting the joys of living in the present: This is really about keeping balance or perspective in my life.  I tend to operate in extremes so this is a framework I need to maintain somehow.  Any tips on specific action items are welcome :)




I love Anna's choice of outfit :) Here she is at Washington Square's playground.





Sasa enjoys too!

No comments:

Post a Comment