Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lessons

It's been torture to be sick this weekend - the weather has been outstanding.

The past couple of weeks leading up to my company's annual SF forum last week has been stressful.  Many of you know this.  Namely, my husband and daughter.  And looking back on it all, I realize that I've essentially stressed myself into sickness - very amateurish, I know, but at the very least it's given me an opportunity to refocus.

Zane and I discussed the lessons I've learned on our porch this morning over a cup of coffee / tea:

  1. I will likely never escape stress in my professional life- I will have to fine tune my ability to keep perspective.
  2. I'm in SF for a reason, and there are certain goals that I want to accomplish in my position this year because
  3. I work my ass off for my family than for my own ego (I hope).  I did not work this hard, as a first generation Asian American to break into a male and caucasian dominated world and falter because I couldn't handle the stress.  While I'd prefer not to play 'The Man's' game, I'm playing it and I'd prefer to get out ahead than behind - we live a good life and I intend to keep it this way if not improve it greatly.
  4. And finally, like stress, I will never escape jerks in my professional life - I will just have to fine tune my ability to manage them too.
In other news, I'm pleased to note that I started running last week until I got sick, that is.  Hoping to jump back into this habit once I'm 100%.

Have a great week, everyone! Stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment