Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Catching up


I am dreadfully behind on keeping you all up to date! It feels like ages ago that I was in London.  Since, we've enjoyed weekends up camping in Mendocino, Reno, Nevada and Lake Tahoe. Ninong Ekow and my Dad came for visits in May and now here we are in July...WHAT?!

The good news is that with the exception of Ninong Ekow's visit and Dexter's quickie visit during the North Beach festival, we caught a snapshot of our weekend fun - see below for the hightlights.

This deep into the summer, I've found myself coming up for air from work. The World Cup has been a great distraction for me and Zane and I are getting excited about playing some rec soccer this fall. Meanwhile, I seriously have to get my a** back into shape. It's starting to get ridiculous.

Yay for the long weekend - time to get in some play time!



Memorial weekend camping - Sasa enjoyed some lake swims : )


Papa and Tito Mel show us how to properly car camp. Nice cot, eh?


Anna enjoys our new REI tent.


The following weekend, Tito Mel & Tita Lilay are kind enough to host us for a visit to Reno, NV. Here Anna is the lucky 'winner' of TWO stuffed animals at Circus Circus. Thanks, Dad!


Anna and her dear 'Tita' Lilay (but it's LOLO Mel :) )





We also hung at Lake Tahoe!


Z & Anna snuggle over a cup of coffee.



Tito Mel and Zane in a shot that gets me excited for winter at Lake Tahoe!


Emerald Bay. Beautiful!


North Beach Festival. Party in our back yard ; ) We missed a shot when Dex came down!


The following weekend, we enjoyed a hike along the Coastal Trail near Baker Beach. It was fantastic. And I'm looking disgustingly out of shape and WHITE in this picture. I'm not used to be on the other side of the lens!


My beautiful girl.


...my boys.


We did an out and back trail -- Baker Beach was midway and we stopped for a quick game of frisbee. Anna is an expert frisbee player. Seriously - the kid can throw a frisbee. AND play soccer. Need to get some pictures of her playing soccer at Washington Square. What can I say, the kid has skillz!


Last weekend we enjoyed a LOVELY trek along Lands End trails. Our first time! I'm definitely headed back for some runs : )

No comments:

Post a Comment