Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

T-4: Cross Country Check List

I managed to sneak out of the office at a decent hour this evening, only to find myself sitting in Toyota's waiting room while our Matrix gets serviced. Thanks to their free wi-fi, I've been able to finalize our cross country trip.

At this point, a winter storm is cramping our style and we've decided to add a few hours to our drive by heading south. In light of this longer drive, we have subsequently decided to move up our departure date to Christmas Day. We were terrified to tell our family but since safety trumps all - we are confident with our decision and teaming with excitement! Besides, we figured that the best time to throw Anna in a car is after hours of celebration and umm, present opening.

I would be lying if I said I was filled with ONLY excitement. Growing up in the midwest, I have a pretty good idea what kind of winter storm nightmares await in December and I am hoping that the first leg of our trip will be ok! Also, this is Anna's first cross country trip and I HOPE that we make it fun for her.  Here's the plan, more or less (thanks google maps):

Leg One 12/25

Home - St. Louis Missouri
Miles: 493
I-55

Leg Two 12/26

Destination - Amarillo, TX
Miles: 756
I-40

Leg Three 12/27

Destination - Flagstaff, AZ
Miles: 608
I-40

Leg Four 12/28

Destination - Bakersfield, CA
Miles: 480
I-40

Leg Five 12/29

Destination - San Francisco, CA
Miles: 283
I-5

Count down continues!  The car is ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment